7.27.2011

guest bathroom


before


we have finally finished our first of 3 bathrooms in this house.  actually it is all due to a leak in the pipes under the floor.  more than a year ago our tile floor in the downstairs bathroom began feeling really warm underfoot, which we all know is not normal unless you are a richy, rich with heated floors, and we definitely are not.  cut to a plumber jackhammering my brand new tile floor only to find multiple leaks in our terrible pipes.  needless to say we had to repipe from the water heater and then fix the floor and the holes in the bathroom.  we decided since the vanity was outdated and we would redo it soon anyway, we might as well spend the money now and get it done.  so we took out the cabinet, countertop, mirror, and medicine cabinet and started over with wallpaper.  this was our first time trying wallpaper, but we had seen it in model homes and loved it.  since the space was small we figured it was worth a risk and we think it turned out beautifully!  it is a seagrass type of wallpaper and we had a woman come in to install it.  she was awesome, and left the bathroom cleaner than i had.  {if anyone ever wants her number email me.}  currently this is one of my fav rooms in the house!

after
fish painting was done by a local artist in belize

luv my new vase from anthropologie.

conch shell also from belize.  jason got it right out of the ocean.
sand is a collection i've started from every beach we visit. 

also luv my amy butler towels from bed, bath, & beyond.



stool from home goods.

pics of jason walking at the same beach spot with each child at 1 year old.


6 comments:

michelle michael said...

this has got to be one of the most intentional bathrooms i've ever seen! it's beautiful. great job!

Charlotte said...

I love the new touches, especially that stool!

Mrs. Silcock's said...

Looks awesome! Makes me want to wallpaper my bathroom.

The Kennedy Klan said...

I love love love the pics of jason and the kids. If they've always been there...shame on me. Thanks for pointing them out.

Jennifer Leilani said...

Beautiful! I love the wallpaper and all the personal touches.

Jules said...

Can I move in to pretty much the loveliest guest bathroom I ever did see? This is exactly what I want our downstairs bath to look like. I even bought the grass cloth, which is currently collecting dust because I have no clue how to wallpaper. I might need that number. Brilliant job!